Sunday, March 4, 2007

My Reading Week


Well, if you didnt know, reading week was this past week and it was an amazing week. quite a few eventful things happened.
Firstly, my mum came on Saturday and i was soooo excited. it was soooo good to spend some time with my mum. we went up Grousse mountain and she took me shopping for new clothes ( she bought me ALOT of clothes) and took me shopping for food and totally fancied out room up, it was cool. it was great to spend some time with her and hang out.
next, jesse came. thats her in the picture with me!!!!! we had soooo much fun together. i have missed her heaps and it was great to have someone from home here to just chat to bout war college stuff cuz she just gets it. we r doing totally different stuff but she just gets it. she gets what i am going through, its cool. we had such an amazing week together, she is such a cool friend. i wouldnt have wanted to spend the time with any other friend. i love her to pieces. i am gonna miss her when she has to head back off to Charlotte, but it was really refreshing to have her here.
another interesting thing happened.... tonight we went to Cariboo Hill corps and it was such a good meeting. Michael Collins was amazing tonight and he preached amazingly and i really felt like i needed to ask someone to pray with me, so i asked Heather ( chick from Cariboo Hill) to pray with me, cuz i just felt like i sucked as a Christian. i couldnt get disciplined with my rations, i couldnt spend a long time praying, i couldnt love the people like i wanted and i couldnt be the friend that they needed. Heather pointed out that there is a fear of failure over me and that it needs to be broken off.... we prayed through that. another interesting thing.... this chick doesnt really know me, but she is cool told me she has a huge sense that i have a gift of intercession. she is only the 50 bajillionth person to tell me that!!! its huge. i think its confirmation that i have it. so we prayed through some stuff and it was cool.
all in all, its been an amazing week of spending time with my mum, hanging with jesse and having such fun times with her and sight seeing and reconnecting with God. i say thats a pretty flippin amazing week!!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

sounds like a pretty flippin' amazing week. ;)
I love that you had to hear it from the 50bajillionth person that you're an intercessor in order to receive the confirmation! ha.
Looking forward to chatting again and hearing more about your adventures. Love you!

stephanie said...

i'm so glad for you that you got to have so many awesome people around you during reading week to refresh your spirit.