Thursday, May 3, 2007

Its all about Love this week!


Isnt this picture soooo cute! God has shown me alot this week about love. not only love in my life right now, but how much i have grown to see and understand the love of God over the past 8 months!!
When i came to War College, i thought i understood the love of God and how much he really loved me, but i didnt. when i came to war college, i realised that Jesus and I were only really acquaintances. i knew that he loved me, but didnt really KNOW. well over the past 8 months, Jesus has taken me to new levels in love. the next level that we went to was being friends. he showed me that he loved me and i understood it, but didnt really embrace it or place too much emphasise on it. i still didnt have any love for myself. his love for me didnt change the love i had for myself. so after awhile, the next level he took me to in his love is best friends. he was showing me that he has this unconditional love for me and it was really beautiful. i could hang out with him and he would just encourage me and his love started making a difference on how i saw myself.
for the past few months, he was showing me his love as a daddy. he loved his little girl with all his heart and he made me feel beautiful. he showed me that there was nothing i could do that would make him love me any less. he made me feel special, like a daddy is supposed to do and he really touched my heart. well since Monday, he has been showing me how he loves me like a lover and desires intimacy with him. all year i have never been interested in reading Song of Songs but this week i have been meditating on Chapter 2.... its sooo special and he wants intimacy with me. so its a pretty huge thing that i have grown in and its soooo beautiful. I just love Jesus sooooo much and desire more and more intimacy with him!!
Song of Songs 2:16 says: My lover is mine and I am his; he browses among the lilies.
Praise the Lord, I AM HIS AND HE WANTS ME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa.

Great to see what god has been showing you all about love. It is awesome that you know how much he loves you. And that you love him so much back. Keep on going after gods love and he will reward you time after time, again and again.

Also great to see how much you have grown too. Its been tough sometimes, but it is all worth it.

Stay awesome,

andrew

Denise said...

This is beautiful.

If you could only see my Bible and SOS...the markings are everywhere with words that the Lord has spoken to me through His words...

altogether lovely.

Alberta Rockstar said...

Lisa!
great blog, i read this when you first put it up, but prolly not very well, cuz when you asked me about it yesterday i barley remmebered it, n now i realise thats so cool. Gods love is amazing, praise the Lord for you experiencing it! God is good all the time! :):):)