Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back home in the land of Oz

well i am back... feels so surreal and weird all at the same time. i have already caught up with a few of my favourite people here, sooo many more to go. its great to be home though.

the flight home was good.... my luggage is somewhere... hmmm.... got left in LA, sad times! but i had some clothes back here and i packed a few pieces of clothing in my bags that made it. so i am good for a couple of days.

The Lord spoke a bunch to me on the flight from Vancouver to LA... i was crying cuz Becky wrote me a letter and made me miss everyone and made me super sad i was leaving. but then i was reminded of how much is awaiting me back in Brisbane and how God has already been opening doors for me. and i was also reminded of the scripture in Luke 9:

Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.” And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.” But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.”

The bit that sticks out to me the most is the stuff in yellow.... the War College chapter of my life has officially closed. I cant keep looking back and longing for those times. Michael Collins touched on this in our faculty address time. But i know certain things at home are gonna be tough, but i need to not look back. i wanna take the lessons from War College, apply them and move on. move into the stuff God has for me here. So you guys can pray for me if you like!!! that would be helpful to me.

thats all for now... keep reading my blog cuz i will continue to blog.

No comments: