Monday, November 19, 2007

Netball

Never in my 10 yrs of playing netball have i almost gotten into a fight on the court!!! it was intense!!!

it was the 2nd quarter of our game which just happened to be the last that night as we were playing half a game against 1 team and half a game against another. i was GS and the GK was my player. now for all my Canadian/ American friends, netball is NON contact. u cant lean on or push your players.

this GK was leaning on me, so i gave her a bit of a nudge. she nudged me back which is all fine, cuz it happens... sometimes u get a little pushy with your player. but while i was taking a shot where she had to stand next to me out of play for doing the wrong thing, she nudged me. enough so the umpire wouldnt see and enough to try to make me miss the shot. now that is low. i turned around and said "now that is just bad sportsmanship" and do you know what she did. she pushed me and said "well i am sick of your **** (thats a swear word)" it would have been a fight but i just ignored it and ignored her.

afterwards we went to talk to the umpires about it and this umpire who i know and who doesnt like me turns and says " if you were down my end of the court Lisa i would have given u a warning for swearing." i said "excuse me, i dont swear"

she said " i heard it come from your mouth" and i said "well i dont swear" she didnt believe me.

the almost fight was bad, but she took a blow to my character. that is a massive one. for those who know me, i cant stand swearing nor do i think its right to swear. i have integrity when it comes to that, so it was a massive blow! it sucked so much. i have learnt that assumptions arent always right.... in fact, they are rarely right, so you shouldnt assume at all. word of advice for people DONT ASSUME!!!!!!

needless to say, it was an interesting night of netball!!!!

No comments: