Tuesday, March 20, 2007

RAW

well we are almost done RAW and i am really tired. this time tomorrow, we will hopefully be finished. dont get me wrong, i luv RAW, but if it went for a couple of weeks, i definitely couldnt handle it. someone said to me today that she has seen me blossom over this week and that conferences are really my thing and they bring out the best in me. i agree. i have had a great time and really felt that this is my thing. i do this well.

one thing RAW has really taught me is that we are constantly pouring out, we need to be filled up. this week has been all about the teens, everything is for the teens, not for me. so when i do get a spare 30 mins, i come to the War room set up here and just lay in his presence and just soak up some Jesus. its been really beneficial.

the best thing about RAW has been the missions and cells. my group is amazing. i knew i was getting the group from Cariboo Hill before they came and i didnt really know them, but i knew they were the guys that like to dress like homeboys who sit up the back of the church. i was a bit nervous to be honest, but these guys are really cool. they are really good guys who have good hearts. their exterior may look a bit hard and intimidating, but they are not at all. its been enjoyable to see these guys fully step out of their comfort zone to talk to strangers that are totally out of it. its beautiful. these guys are capable of soooo much.... i just wish they could see how much potential they have as well. so its great. now that they actually know me, they will notice me at church!! yay!! he he.

so its been an exhausting week, but very much a good one. i have been given alot of responsibility this week in stepping up in leadership stuff.... like making sure all the meals flow and everyone gets food and sits down in an orderly fashion... also making sure ppl dont go into the auditorium when they arent allowed. kinda like security. its been fun!!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

bouncer Lisa!

Glad to hear its been a good week, I've been praying.

Love you!