Friday, April 27, 2007

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

dont u hate it when u write a blog and then it disappears. that just happened to me with this blog, so i will start again.

Today has been a good day. we had holy space this morning and despite the fact that most of us dont like holy space, this one was a good one. we spent the whole time just encouraging one another and building each other up. then we had a discipleship party at Starbucks because it was our last one together cuz Becky is leaving next week. that was fun.

then i was waiting for the bus to come to teen cell and as i was hopping on the bus, some of the kids that come to Mac school program hopped on the bus with me. these kids need alot of love and while i was trying to love on these kids, they were calling my friends in the Downtown Eastside junkies and saying that, that part of town is a zoo. it made me really sad and upset for my friends and its hard when u get frustrated while trying to show patience and love to these kids but they r downing my friends. i eventually just told them to show respect and that these people are real people too and to not call them that. then they just laughed at me. *sigh* the joys of working with troubled kids.

No comments: