Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Father

Well firstly, just a side note about my cat. he was spotted yesterday near our house but it seems he doesnt want to come home. maybe he just knows i am not there... he he. kidding. Pray that he comes home. then we will lock him in the house for awhile.

well yesterday i was at the Whites just hanging out with the kids and we were watching The Lion King. i dont think i have seen that since i was like 12 yrs old or something. obviously i wasnt a Christian, but now i have watched it from an older, more spiritual perspective and i never knew how spiritual that movie is. there was 1 line in it that fully got me and made me think alot. it was after Simba's father had died and Simba had just met that crazy monkey/babboon character who told him that his father was still with him and he ran out into the field and Mufusa came like a cloud. and this is what he said to Simba " YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN ME BECAUSE YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO YOU ARE."

One thing this year that i have been doing is finding out who i am in Christ. and its been an interesting journey. right from day 1 i have been learning new stuff about me and learning about my capabilities in Christ and my gifts he has given me and stuff like that. and sometimes i lose myself in the world, by longing to fit in and trying to be like everyone else. i forget who i am because i add myself to the messy big blob that is the world and i just kinda make myself fit in and look like everyone else. i am not set apart. when that happens, i totally forget truly who God is in my life.

so the moral of this blog is, DONT CONFORM TO THE PATTERN OF THIS WORLD, BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND.

do you want to be in the big messy blob and forget your father or do you want to be set apart from the world, living truly who you were made to be and remembering your father?? i know which one i want.

No comments: