Sunday, October 21, 2007

Missing Canada

Ok so the past couple of weeks i have been thinking alot about my friends in Canada and missing them heaps. My friends in Canada know me soo well.... even better than most people here and they have seen me at my worst and at my best. That is what makes quality friends in my eyes. People who have a great love for me even when i am at my worst. So i have been missing them heaps. missing the hugs, the laughs, and just the time we always got to spend in each others presence. not just my session, but my 614 community, my New West community, my Cariboo community etc. so to all my friends, i cant wait to come over and see u... i love you all soooooooo much. big hugs!!!!

One other thing i have been missing about Canada is the war college in general. now i dont think i would ever go through war college again, it was super intense, but i miss the God times. My life has really picked up in Australia now and i am super busy. not as busy as i was in Canada, but i am pretty busy. the difference between my busyness in Canada and my busyness here is how much time i spend with God. in Canada, we were constantly chucked into classes to be with God, in the War Room to be with God, in situations on the street to pray to God. here in Aust, i dont get that opportunity. i have to make time and its hard. so i am really struggling with that.


On another topic, i went to my 1st funeral last week. it was a beautiful service to say goodbye to an amazing man of God from our church. Made me think of my friend Denneil and how it sucked that i didnt get to her funeral. i really miss her. God also spoke to me about life. life is short and if you arent a Christian, then you arent going to heaven. its a scary reality and it makes me realise we need to shine the light of God as if our life depended on it. cuz someone else's life depends on it.

And i am not at a stage where i am ok with death. i wanna live and achieve so much more, but i need to have more trust in God that when its my time, its my time. its not something i can control, so i just need to trust God more.

1 comment:

Rebekah Dooley said...

miss you too lisa :)
love you.