Saturday, March 31, 2007

Does anybody care?

Does anybody actually care? that is the question on my lips. i have had a really hard week. just with holly being gone and that really sinking in, its been hard. and for those of u around me that see me, know that this is a tough thing for me. but does anybody actually care? has anybody bothered to come see me this week just to say hey and see how i am going? NO. has anybody asked me whether i am ok when clearly something is wrong? NO. has anybody extended their hand to me to help me out this week?NO.

and its hard.... its really hard. i dont like asking for help and i am getting better, but sometimes i just need that little bit of help from others. community is designed so that we are there for each other and so that when someone else is struggling, we can help them up. when someone else is hurting, we pray for each other. especially this community. if u have been in this community or seen this community, u know that it is designed for this. so why am i not seeing this? why is it so hard for everyone else to come and knock at my door to say hi and make sure i am doing ok. i dont have answers to these questions, all i know is that i am struggling and no one has lended their hand of support to me.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I have many things that I'd like to say...I learnt yesterday that my way of dealing with things is upfront and direct...seriously, I didn't need to answer some questions and add numbers to find that out. Saying that, my words for you are somewhat upfront and direct as well...

I am sad that you are hurting, I've been in that same spot in that same community. This is what a good friend of mine(guess who?!)said to me when I was this point...
'I'm worried about you. You don't need people to come to you, encourage you and feed into the way you're feeling, you want them to do that. What you need is to get all of that from God and God alone.'
That's only part of what my dear friend said to me and what I'm saying to you.
Keep reaching out to the community around you, Lisa. They love you, they really do.
I love you too ;)

ButterFinger said...

Hey Lisa
What's up it's Dana, How are you? I was bored today and decided to look at the war college blogs, i saw yours and thought i would read your blogs, Man i know it must be hard to not have holly there, but man, stick with it, rely on God's strength even if no one comes to help you out of the pain but the holy spirit will. Man i pray and think of you often. I don't know when you wrote this you are probably over it by now but i thought i would say HI and you know just chat. Well Lisa stick with it, you are loved. I love you lot's even if i never really showed it forgive me.
Love Dana :)