Monday, March 26, 2007

Sold out for God.

For the past couple of weeks God has been speaking to me about a couple of hard topics. and one of them is about being completely sold out for God.... and i have been giving a couple of hard hitting verses to go along with this thought.... and they are:

Luke 9:61,62- Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-bye to my family." Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

AND......

Luke 14:25-27- Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

These verses have been hitting pretty hard. For me, it was hard to move to Canada, and thats just for a year. When i go home, it will be different and stuff, but i am looking forward to going home. i love my friends and i love my family and there is no other place i would rather be than in Brisbane. I want to be completely sold out to God and that means if God tells me to move away again, i need to be willing to. I need to get to that place of saying God is all i need and i know that he will provide friends for me along the way. God is a faithful God and i need to hold onto that. There is a part of me that is really insecure and is scared that once i move away from people, they wont be my friends anymore and i dont wanna think about that. the friends i have are friends for a reason and thats because i love them heaps and heaps.

But i wanna be sold out for God and trust that he knows best.... and i am coming to that place.... still not there, but i am coming to that place. needless to say, these verses are soooo hard hitting and very hard to read, but it is God's word and i need to take it as that and just trust God.

No comments: