Sunday, June 3, 2007

Forgiveness and Grace

This week has been an interesting week in regards to my beautiful teen cell girls. there has been some fights and arguments going on and mostly, it all come back to a lack of forgiveness and grace. so i have been thinking about this and thinking about how in general, as humans we have a lack of forgiveness and grace for each other all the time. and i have been looking at some bible verses on grace and forgiveness and contemplating how it applies to my life.

Ephesians 4:31,32 says: Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I have come to the conclusion that you need to get rid of all you bitterness and rage etc to truly forgive. i guess we all know that but this really applies to me right now. There is some unforgiveness in my life, and most of it springs from my bitterness and anger towards this certain person, because of what they did, i make the choice to be angry and bitter towards them, which makes me not want to forgive them. i need to work on ridding myself of the bitterness and anger before i can actually truly forgive this person in my life.

Letting go of the anger and bitterness is always the hardest step... however it is the first step to forgiving. i wish forgiveness was simple... and i wish i was better at forgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is funny how others can help us see what is wrong with us! I think that forgiveness is the hardest thing to act out on. Good word.