Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The tongue

The past 2 weeks have been a reflection time on the past year. with graduation only 9 days away, we are getting extremely close to the end of war college. and i am relieved. War College has been amazing for me, but i am ready to go home. part of this reflection has been realising how much i have changed this year. and people back home would know that i always had a problem keeping my mouth shut. speaking before i think alot and stuff. but this year i have realised how POWERFUL my words are. they can either build up or bring down, when God calls me to give a word of correction, i need to do it etc. i have always had a problem with being a negative person. and God has been showing me the power that is in my tongue and what i say.

so the past 2 or 3 weeks, i have intentionally been trying to be less negative, more positive and speaking words of life. and i dont know whether I realise it more now, but there is so much negativity out there. people complaining about alot of different things all the time and to be honest it ticks me off sooooo much. it annoys me. and its helping me to realise how annoying it must be for others when i whinge about something or complain about something. there are worse things in the world than sooo much of what we complain about. we have a roof over our head, we have food, we are BLESSED!!!!

God calls us to be like Jesus.... while Jesus was getting brutally beaten, he wasnt complaining, yet we complain if we have to wake up an hour early or if we have to do something we dont want to do. while they were hammering those nails into his hands, he wasnt complaining. i am still working at not complaining, but I really think we ought to watch our words so that we arent complaining.

James 3 makes it extremely clear about our tongue and what should be coming out of our mouths. I encourage everyone to read it and the next time you want to complain about the bus being late, how about you think about the people in the world that are starving or something.

No comments: