Monday, September 10, 2007

Life

I dont even know what to title this blog. i have been putting off blogging cuz i can think of a bajillion things to blog about, but i decided to blog what is on my heart right now. I just had my quiet time with God for the day, something that has been somewhat lacking since i have been home. been caught up in busyness, but now that i am working, i can get into a routine of doing my devos.

I thought being home would be soooo much easier than being in Vancouver, but in some ways it is easier, but then in other ways, it is harder. Now that i have finished War College, i have to decide what i am going to do.... especially with the new year coming up (that is the start of everything in Aust for those who dont know that). But i have been avoiding the topic at all costs. Ever since i have been back, EVERY SINGLE PERSON i have had a decent conversation with has asked me what am i going to do now. and i dont know. and it put extra stress on me when people would ask that. like i need to know what i am doing soon or else i will have a yr of nothingness. so due to that stress, i havent talked to God at all about it. in fact, i havent talked to God about too much. And now i sit here in tears feeling like a bit of an idiot for not asking what he wants. i was reading 1 Samuel 9 today and Samuel has to pick a king for Israel. God gave them warnings about having a king and what would happen, but they didnt listen and said they wanted a king. and EVEN after that, God goes along with it, tells Samuel who to appoint as the king. God doesnt force us to do things, he gives us a choice. and i chose the wrong thing this time. i chose to ignore him and not ask for his input.

I know i want to study next yr, but the thought of being a poor student freaks me out. i hate it. and the agony over what to do study wise has stressed me out even more, but today i realised why. its cuz i have felt like i should be pushing for my career choice straight away, like i need to go study to be a youth worker and be employed as a youth worker ASAP. but i dont want to do that. and i felt pressure to do that. as much as i want to be a youth worker, i wanna grow more and do more ministry stuff at the church and learn more about my gifts and just stuff like that.

So i made a decision today.... i am going to put off my dream as a youth worker another year and i am going to go to college. Peter, my officer showed me a brochure for Planetshakers leadership college a few weeks ago and I think i wanna do it. if u wanna check out their website, go to http://www.pscbrisbane.com/site/default.cfm.

so thats me today... sorry its super long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats all good and well, but since when does life need a plan. just go with the flow do what you need to do, let god guide you, and most of all make sure you are happy. if eveyone had a plan for what we are going to do next it would get boring and it would leave no room for seeing and contributing to all the great things in life. so let god take your life into his hands, tell him what your hoping for and he will make it work for you.
Have a great day.
by the way its great to have you back i australia.!!

Lisa Johnson said...

hey anon (which i assume is Sarah, but not sure)... when it comes to study, i think you need to have abit of a plan... but God is guiding me 100%. i wouldnt have it any other way

Anonymous said...

I wish God lead you to Maine.

Lisa Johnson said...

ha ha nah dont think Maine is on the cards... u r funny!

Anonymous said...

well looks like i missed ya again, i was gonna have a chat to ya, but oh well. geez these blogs are kinda deep when u want them to be. i think the first comment is a good one. find out who posted it cus it sounds like they are an extremely valuble friend. well i'll have to try and catch you again soon.

Lisa Johnson said...

oh man, i have no idea who is posting anon comments!! if people dont start putting their names at the end of it, then i wont allow for anon comments... i allow ppl cuz some people dont have an account and stuff, but if u dont put your name. i will take the anon comment thing off my blog. i dont know who i am talking to, so i cant say much.

Anonymous said...

hey soz the 1st 1 was me (Sarah) ur pretty gud at the guessing who ppl r thing. lol